baked chocolate donuts

photo-2

         So at about seven-thirty last night I found out it was international donut day.  Yep... I had to make them. Just had to, plus it gave me a chance to use my donut pan again.  After stinking up the house for three-plus days with the smell of fried donuts I vowed never to make the fried version again... or at least do it when its seasonally appropriate to open all the windows in the house. Blistering cold winter and open windows = not fun.


I found this recipe for the donuts and adapted the glaze for a chocolate ganache.


chocolate ganache
1 cup chocolate chopped (60% or higher)
4 tbsp table cream
1 tsp vanilla or flavoring of choice.
1/4 tsp salt


In a small sauce pan over medium heat add the cream and chocolate. Stir until the chocolate has melted then add the vanilla and salt until incorporated. It should be slightly thick.  Now your donuts are ready for dipping and a sprinkling of your topping of choice. Here I chose chopped chocolate chips, chopped mini peanut butter cups, chopped peanuts, tropical coconut and powered sugar.
Makes more then enough for 12 donuts.
    

Comments

thelittleloaf said…
Your doughnuts look absolutely picture perfect! Love all the different toppings - so pretty.
Very nice, thanks for sharing.
Lucy said…
These look incredible! Definitely got donut cravings now. Love the photo.
ChichaJo said…
That photo is making me long for donuts!
Katerina said…
Wow boy! These look delicious :)
Your blog is super! I'm so glad to stummbled on it! Count me as your newest follower dear!
Have a nice day and hope to see you around!
xxxFiC.

www.fashionicook.blogspot.com
Alexandra said…
What lovely toppings. Your donuts look delicious!
lamb and blonde said…
These donuts look so good! Yum!!
Über Brum said…
Oh these look amazing.

Popular Posts