easy peasy

One of the best ways to enjoy cinnamon is hot.. and perhaps with some creamy delicious chocolate ...lots, in a drink we all love.

cinnamon vanilla infused milk
1 1/2 - 2 cups milk
1 cinnamon stick (you can also use powder)
splash of real vanilla extract
chocolate bit
2 tsp cocoa powder per cup
2 tsp sugar per cup

bring milk to a simmer with the cinnamon stick (broken up) or just put in the cinnamon powder and vanilla until hot (sieve if you've used a stick). Then place in a milk frother or if you don't have one place in a Nalgene bottle or any other well-sealed bottle and give it a good shake (you WILL get frothy milk). Have your cocoa powder and sugar in the cups, add a little bit of milk to each cup to get the cocoa powder going, stir well (or put all together in the air tight bottle and give a few good shakes) then add the rest of the milk to top it up.
serves 2
recipe adapted from Jamie Oliver's 'the best hot chocolate'

Comments

Amanda said…
I approve of this very much. I've never heard of preparing hot chocolate like this before.

And... a while back I was desperate for froth and I would have loved this Nalgene tip. I wonder if it would work with soy milk; I'll have to try it.
apparentlyjessy said…
Delicious! And beautiful photos as always :)
What a fabulous hot chocolate recipe. It is raining outside right now and this would just be perfect! :)
Anonymous said…
mmmm cinnamon goodness - I just had pumpkin cinnamon cupcakes yummy!
A delightful drink! So delicious and comforting!

Cheers,

Rosa
Ago said…
Ooohh greaaattt!!! I love chocolate and cinnamon..I think it's a so great and comfortable taste!!! I've to try this recipe very very soon!
Many kissessss
Ago :-D
gine said…
love it ^^. have a nice weekend!! XX
Uncle Beefy said…
Sounds perfect, Ash! And chocolate & cinnamon is a favorite combination! Perfect for the glorious Fall day where I am. Also, perfect that I'm enjoying my lunch while perusing! ;)
Chef Chuck said…
Nice blend, yumm smooth!!
Cathie said…
ohh my, absolutely LOVE your pics! there's nothing better than visiting a blog with dreamy pics & great recipes too!
lisaK said…
Love this recipe! The combination of chocolate and cinnamon is wonderful - thankyou very much, this is a delight after work when relaxing reading a book.

Popular Posts