super rich chocolate sandwich cookies*


  Hi everyone,  here's just a little treat I whipped up for my neighbor for cutting our lawn the other day.  I was so great-full for the hard work and since I am a owner of a push-mower which really doesn't cut all that well... and well takes forever! I  figured these little super-good chocolate sandwich cookies would do the job! 
These little jems came from a book called entertaining simple. It has some great recipes and amazing photo's. The photo's alone would make you buy the book.

recipe

1 stick butter (cut up)
1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
5 tsp cornstarch
2 tbsp cocoa powder
2 large eggs
chocolate ganache
7 (1-ounce) squares bittersweet chocolate
1/2 heavy cream
3 tbsp unsalted butter
3 tbsp brandy

1. Prepare the cookie dough: In a food processor, combine all ingredients and process until a soft dough forms.  Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate  for 30min.
2. Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with Parchment.
3. Roll tablespoons of dough into little balls and flatten slightly.  Bake for 5-7min. Let cool.
4. Place chocolate, cream, and butter in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat until melted, add brandy and stir until smooth. Let cool. (I placed mine in the fridge for about 3o min)
5. Assemble cookies.  Makes about 12 filled cookies

* goes well with coffee

Comments

Coco Bean said…
So delish! I am in rhubarb mode right now, but I think I just switched to chocolate because of these cookies...
I also saw your rhubarb cumble recipe, it looks so simple! I will have to give it a try!
Nice to see another Canadian around the blog sphere! Cheers
apparentlyjessy said…
Oh lovely! These cookies just look so perfect for a thank you! They look great all stacked up in the glass like that, your composition in your photography is just beautiful. I love the coco sprinkled on the top.
Thanks for sharing the recipe, I am definitely going to try these some time! :)
ChichaJo said…
Your pictures of these cookies are enough to make me want to buy the cookbook! So lovely! And the cookies do sound delicious...call me when your lawn next needs mowing! :)
Dewi said…
Absolutely delicious!
Chef Chuck said…
Did I hear super rich chocolate, YUMMM! Hold on I am getting a cold glass of milk! :) Nice Photo's
♥peachkins♥ said…
These are mouth watering. happy wekend
Lucy said…
MMM! In my book, super-rich = super yummmy! Food like this is how the phrase "sinfully delicious" began!
I love the photos, and I bet the cookies would be glorious with a real tall glass of milk :D
gine said…
mmmmmmmmmm ... ^^ :-)! XOXO
Mary said…
These cookies are so inviting!
These look phenomenal! I love anything chocolatey and rich, thanks for the recipe! Your site is great and photography is wonderful, keep in touch ~
lauresophie said…
super rich but super good (easy my comment isn't??!)

Popular Posts